Resources to Help You Navigate an Ever Changing Insurance Marketplace
There are many Human Resource and employee benefit challenges in today’s U.S. workplace, employers must remain ever mindful of these challenges, continually preparing and evolving. A changing workforce, cyber breaches, workplace violence, employee’s well-being and mental health issues are just some examples of the serious situations employers face today. Couple all employer Human Capital Management needs with endlessly changing State and Federal laws, and it’s easy to understand why an employer may become overwhelmed with compliance issues and or understandably sponsoring a non-compliant benefit program unknowingly.
Our goal is to provide clients with all the services and resources they need to successfully fulfill the demands of this ever-changing U.S. regulatory employee benefits environment. Brown & Brown’s compliance support and services includes guidance from our team of experienced professionals who specialize in assisting clients with legislative matters related to all aspects of employee benefit compliance. We are here to help employers keep up with the complexities, risks and consequences of non-compliance.
At Brown & Brown we provide valuable and prompt assistance to clients with all that is associated with plan administration to including:
- Cafeteria plans
- Nondiscrimination Testing
- COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) with Vendor Assistance
- Mini COBRA
- ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- State Paid Family Leave Laws (PFL) in California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, D.C.
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Electronic Disclosure Requirements
- Taxation of Employee Benefits
- All Federal and State Mandated Benefits
- Form 5500 Reporting/Summary Annual Reports (SARs)
- Medical Child Support Order (MCSO)
- Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute Fee (PCORI)
- Employer Notices
- H.S.A and H.R.A compliance
- Compulsory Short-Term Disability
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act (HEART)
- Domestic Partner Benefits–Imputed Income
- Section105(h)–Self-Funded Health Plans
- Section129–Dependent Care Assistance Plans
- Section79–Group Term Life Insurance Plans
- HIPAA Wellness Disclosure
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Review current plan documents and/or employee benefit booklets for compliance
- Employee Benefit Compliance Education
- Compliance Guides, Templates and Sample Documents
The teams at Brown & Brown, with our compliance partners, provide a broad spectrum of compliance support to include a resource portal, as well as our self-help compliance tools: Spot On Resources, our Labor Law Line, and access to the team of Human Resource professionals at HR Workplace Services; as well as our COVID-19 Resources Center providing timely information during this unique and challenging time. Brown & Brown Insurance also consults with Miller Johnson, a nationally recognized law firm, for assistance on Health Care Reform matters.
More about the compliance tools our clients utilize;
- Spot On Resources – A comprehensive online resource center designed to provide clients with timely and relevant content. With real-time compliance updates, wellness program guidance, and a plethora of industry thought leadership, you will have the information needed to help optimize a program to best fit the unique needs of your business. It is just one of the solutions we provide our clients to achieve their operational and compliance goals. Whether you want to view documents online, participate in plan/program surveys or connect with more than 325,000 peers in your industry, this is the place to be. It is easily accessible, hardworking, and just one of the many services available to you when you partner with us.
Content included, but not limited to:
- Federal Legislation Guides for Health Care Reform, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA
- Downloadable articles, brochures, forms, and charts
- Share resources and information with thousands of industry peers
- HR Workplace Services (pdf) – The need for pro-active, consultative Human Resource services is profound, therefore, we have partnered with HR Workplace Services to provide assistance with the day to day Human Resource issues that can arise for our clients. They can also work with clients to build a Human Resources infrastructure and strategy that protects the business long-term. Clients can access a dedicated team of Human Resource professionals available via phone or email to provide guidance on Human Resources and regulatory compliance issues like Health Care Reform, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, employee handbook review, and many others.
- COVID-19 Resource Center – Brown & Brown has a long-standing history of dedication to the people and communities we serve, and we are committed to doing all that we can to provide support during this complex and unprecedented time. Clients use our dedicated resources to help navigate this difficult period. A COVID-19 Toolkit is available to clients via the Spot on Resources compliance portal.
- Labor Law Line – Brown & Brown through a national partnership created an Employment Law Helpline. Most employers are confronted with challenging labor and employment scenarios. Consulting with competent legal counsel to strategize an appropriate response is critical. The Employment Law Helpline is a toll-free advice line and dedicated email address which gives clients access to some of the country’s most preeminent labor and employment attorneys.