Our Firm is More Than A Resource During Contract Negotiations
Our firm acts as more than just a resource during contract negotiations to assist with employee benefit strategies and options – we are uniquely qualified to be part of an actual negotiation process. We will also coordinate all aspects of the new carrier implementation including onsite employee education and enrollment meetings with the goal to create an environment that will allow for a smooth transition. Human Resources Support is available through HR Workplace Services who provide guidance on HR issues and regulatory compliance on benefit topics.
- Educate employees regarding their benefits program – We explain in detail the benefits being offered and answer any questions about the benefits program through onsite employee education meetings. Employees will also have access to a customized and a secure Benefit Hub available through this site.
- Highlight the differences between carriers and the potential impact on employees and their families – Our teams create and distribute a customized open enrollment brochure and employee benefits comparison at open enrollment, and distribute detailed instructions on how to enroll with the new carrier, and who to contact from our firm with any questions or problems.
- Collective bargaining* – Our extensive experience with collective bargaining over the years is invaluable to our clients and sets us apart from other brokers. Our firm is exposed to more school board employee benefit negotiations than any other broker, which enables us to provide valuable input on what other districts are doing. Our experience includes all phases of the bargaining process – including arbitration, mediation, and fact-finding.
- Confirm that benefits are equal to or better than coverage being replaced** – Our firm reviews, line by line, all new contracts and benefits booklets to confirm the employee benefit programs are set up properly to be equal to or better than the coverage being replaced.
- Act as a resource during contract negotiations to assist with employee benefit strategies and options – We provide specialized knowledge and experience in all phases of the bargaining process, including arbitration, mediation and fact finding, as well as assistance in developing a benefit negotiation strategy and present proposed options to assist with negotiating mutually agreeable settlements.
- Guidance on State & Federal regulations such as FMLA, COBRA, PPACA, HIPAA, ERISA, NJ Family Leave Act.
- HR Workplace Services*** – The need for pro-active, consultative Human Resource services is profound, therefore, Brown & has partners with HR Workplace Services to provide assistance with the day to day Human Resource issues, as well as work with clients to build an Human Resources infrastructure and strategy that protects the organization long-term.
* With over 300 public sector clients, our firm supports dozens of employee benefits negotiations each year throughout the State, which enable us to provide valuable input on collective bargaining trends.
** Unless changes have been negotiated.
*** HR Workplace Services is a dedicated team of Human Resource professionals available via phone or email for Human Resources, and regulatory compliance issue guidance on employee benefit topics such as Health Care Reform, COBRA, HIPAA, Overage Dependents, Disability, FMLA, Medicare Part D, employee handbook review, and much more.